This is a great opportunity for the whole community to get involved. Inshallah let us start working together to collect non perishable food items and gently used clothingthat are always in demand. The food that is not expired and you would like for your own family to eat. The clothing should not be ripped or stained.
Note: all items donated will go directly to those needy families here in the region of peel firstly.
Examples of the types of food items are as follows
- canned soups (Halal meat only please)
- Spaghetti and other pastas
- Cooking sauces such as spaghetti sauce, oil
- Packaged dry goods such as rice, flour, boxed potatoes, baking mixes, etc.
- Breakfast foods such as cereal, Oatmeal, pancake mix, syrup …
- Juice or fruit drinks in plastic
- Powdered, or liquid laundry soap, Dish soap
Abdullah ibn Salam (RA) narrated when the Prophet (Peace and Blessings be upon Him) arrived for the first time in Medina; I went with everyone to see him. When I saw him, I knew his face was not that of a liar.
The first words he said were, “O people, feed the hungry, spread Salam (greeting of peace), maintain your kin relationships, and pray at night while others are asleep. With this, you shall enter Paradise in peace.” (Al-Bukhari)
We are a registered Charity organization. You can also make out a cheque/money order; to THE STRAIGHT PATH ISLAMIC CENTER. May Allah continue to guide and protect us and our families. May Allah bless you in advance for your generosity as we work together to make a difference in our local community.